- Founded in 1992
- Privately held corporation based in Winnipeg, Canada.
- Principal product: the Niche Records Management System (RMS) a unified police information management system.
- Niche RMS used by more than 100,000 sworn officers in more than
100 services worldwide.
- Principals are actively involved in all aspects of product development and support.
- Most of Niche’s high-calibre development team members have been with the company for over 10 years.
- Niche Technology has business representatives in
four countries – The United States of America, Canada,
Australia and the UK.
- First version of RMS product launched in 1999.
- Used by nearly 50% of Canadian police officers:
- OPTIC - North America’s largest data sharing cooperative, comprising the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and 43 municipal police services in Ontario, Canada.
- Used by 33% of UK police officers:
- 17 services, including the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) and West Yorkshire Police, the UK’s fourth largest service with 5,200 officers.
- 29% of Australian market:
- Queensland Police Service (QPS) - 10,000 officers policing 25% of the Australian land mass.
- Selected for 6 US projects:
- Including US Department of the Interior Multi agency project with over 6,000 projected users
- Live in Springfield Missouri January
- Average size of installation = 2,807 officers.
- Time from start of project to go-live = 9-12 months.
Niche Technology Senior Project Manager John De
Koning and Project Manager Barb Jones present at an RMS training session for the
US Department of the Interior.